THE GRAND CARAVAN EX ISR AIRCRAFT OF THE 300TH AIR INTELLIGENCE WING OF THE PHILIPPINE AIR FORCE
The two US-built Cessna 208B Grand Caravan EX aircraft of the 300th Air Intelligence Wing of the Philippine Air Force was modified to carry out intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions.
MILITARY AIRCRAFT MISSION CONFIGURATION
The aircraft is capable of operating in two different configurations. These configurations are as follows:
– .ISR Configuration –EO/IR sensor, L3 CSW ATE System, Harris RF-7800M-MP Multiband Networking Radio, Harris RF-7800H-MP HF Radio, ASOC, equipment rack and sensor operator/observer seats (Qty: three (3) each of the Yingling VLS style).
– Passenger Configuration –eight passenger seats (as provided with the commercial configuration, per USG provision to the Contractor). The aircraft cabin reconfigurable between the ISR and Passenger configurations within three (3) hours by two (2) trained personnel.
Its powerful Pratt & Whitney Canada engine delivers 867 horsepower of dependable payload performance and superior efficiency.
Max Range: 964nm
Max Cruise Speed: 195 Ktas
Useful Load: 3,693 lb
Takeoff Ground Roll: 1,399 ft
PLENTY OF MUSCLE
The ultra-efficient 867-horsepower Pratt & Whitney PT6A-140 engine provides class-leading cruise speed, payload and range.
Certified with the optional TKS ice protection system for flight into known icing.
Large, rough-field tires and rugged landing gear allow you to operate from grass, gravel and even more rudimentary runways.
Wide loading doors allow easy access. An optional cargo pod offers 111 cubic feet of additional storage space.
UPGRADED FLIGHT DECK
Enjoy a spacious cockpit powered by the latest technology — the Garmin G1000 NXi avionics suite. Managing the flight deck has never been easier with an improved graphical interface, more powerful hardware, higher-resolution displays and added functionality for increased situational awareness.
• GDU 1050A Pilot and Copilot Primary Flight Displays (PFD)
• GDU 1050A Multifunction Display (MFD)
• GDC 72 Dual Air Data Computer (ADC)
• GEA 71 Engine/Airframe Unit
• GRS 79 Dual Attitude and Heading Reference System (AHRS)
• GMA 1347 Single Audio System with Integrated Marker Beacon Receiver
• GTX 335R ADS-B Out Transponder
• Garmin Relative Terrain/Obstacles
• Garmin FliteCharts
• Garmin SafeTaxi
• Integrated VFR Sectional Charts
• IFR High and Low Altitude Charts with Auto/Day/Night Modes
• KN-63 DME
• Artex ME-406 Two-frequency (Non-nav Interfaced) ELT with Remote
Switch and Monitor Light
• Avionics Cooling: Two Cowl Deck Fans and Three Display Fans
• PA System with Aft-cabin Speakers
• Four-passenger Cabin Intercom with Headset Jacks
Photo shared by Reymond Rebadajo Dionela
Posted by Pinoy Aviators
Join the Conversation